Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good News

This week has been a week of good news.   My training has been going good, I have stuck to my schedule, and happy with my results.  I officially signed up for RAGE olympic triathlon, and look forward to the 2nd race of the Winter Series on Saturday.  

The good news started yesterday with my work's company meeting.  After going over finished and on going projects and numbers from the last six months, we were all handed red envelopes with a congrats from our leader, CEO.   Profit Sharing, thank you!  Not only was this a surprise, but the amount was even more of a surprise!   Thankyou, I am thankful I have such a great job, and an employer who believes in taking care of their employees even when the economy totally sucks.   So I immediately booked the hotel for the family vacation to San Diego in July.  No hesitation anymore.  

Today, I received even more good news.  A couple of weeks back I signed up to volunteer for Ironman St. George.   I have some friends participating, and having an Ironman so close I wanted to be involved (someday particpate).  I signed up for positions on the finish line, but thought it not likely to happen.  Well, I was wrong.  I will be working the finish line handing out finisher's medals, Tshirts, and blankets, between 7pm-midnight, right at the time most of my normal everyday triathlete friends will be finishing.  I am so excited just to be there, and to be able to see friends finish is even better.  I know I better pack a lot of Kleenex.

It has been a good few days, hopefully things keep rolling that way.   Stay tuned for the 10K race report this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you at the finish! As I told Chuck, I'll try and avoid puking on either of you too, although who know how well my brain will be functioning at that point in the day.

    Good Luck on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete